Events & Workshops in MIC Brussels
In this section, powered by Fikket, a dynamic Startup from Brussels which participated to the 2nd MIC Mons Boostcamp to startups, you may find and register to all the events of the MIC Brussels.
Rue Montoyer, 51
Windows Phone 7.5 : Deep dive in the platform
Windows Phone 75 – deep dive in the platform
You are a developer in Windows Phone or Silverlight. You want to go deeper or develop some complex applications. This is the right place for you. No introduction, we suppose you are comfortable with the tools and technology. That means, no “Hello World”. That means no XAML introduction. But instead, we’ll dive in the features offered by the Windows Phone 7.5 platform. You’ll get your hands dirty while doing some hands-on labs, where you get the chance to apply your newly gathered knowledge!
After these 2 days of deep dive training, you’ll be the one writing the next killer app for the Windows Phone 7.5 platform!
Prerequisite: Very Important: This is not an introduction!! Assume level 300 - 350.
Previous Silverlight knowlegde is mandatory and Windows Phone 7 development is a preferred. Experience with XAML as a language is required. Come with your PC already configured with the latest release of the WP7 developer tools. These can be downloaded here: http://create.msdn.com/en-us/home/getting_started.
March 19th & 20th: 2 intensive days of training on the development on Windows Phone 75
During these 2 days, you’ll learn about the following topics:
- Advanced Data binding
- Working with the camera and other launchers and choosers
- Push notifications
- Live tiles and secondary tiles
- Background workers and background transfers
- Integrating with the local SQL database
- Working with services (REST, WCF…) and public APIs such as Twitter
- Integrating with Azure from WP7 apps
- Working with the hardware (gyro, GPS…)
- Creating custom controls
- The market place
- Performance analysis
- MVVM in Windows Phone 7 apps
We’ll have quite a few hands-on labs as well to really learn to apply these topics!
- 2 days of deep technical training, Q&A session
- Visibly through our local promotion pages
- A developer token if you don’t have it
- A Windows Phone if you publish 4 apps before May 30, 2012**.
- Owner – David Hernie – Question – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainer – Gill Cleeren from Ordina http://www.snowball.be/
- Only 25 Seats available
A lot of fun is in store!! We are looking forward to spending those 2 exciting days with you. :-)
** Only if you are registered as Belgian developer and you haven’t received a phone from David Hernie
March 19, 2012 09:30 - March 20, 2012 17:00 (GMT +01:00 Brussels)
.ics file (Apple's iCal & others)
Rue des Nerviens, 85